Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Grandparents are cool

Nainai's fav place - A Buddhist temple.
Inspired to practice calligraphy



Dropped Nai Nai (paternal grandma) off to calligraphy class - she takes 3 classes/week. Still a xue sheng (student) at 90 (ish?) years! I think I'll continue to be a student too with no distress.

Also worth mentioning, the whole car ride there she was patting her meridians, massaging LI4 hegu, and doing her eye exercises.


One of Grandma's earlier works
A notebook I stumbled upon











Waigong (maternal grandpa) and the uncles were playing mahjong all day till the evening for three days! Yima aunt tells me this is why Waigong is so sharp in the mind and why also mahjong is becoming popular in the West.


He also lives on the 4th floor with no elevator!

Happy 94 Waigong!

Now, I just wish I could understand you more than 50% of the time through that thick Guangdong accent...it's often funny, that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment