Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lightning and Thunder Comes and Goes Part II


March 3, 2015

I’m seeing the Northern Cascades of the Pacific Northwest. Same same but different.
Bittersweet. 
So beautiful
I love you so much
Mt. Baker from my final airplane ride home
It’s reminding me to bring back what and how I learned or how I am/was in Nepal. How I interact with friends, family, colleagues, patients...

In case we forget about exactly what we said or what we did, I will never forget how you made me feel – worthy of love and compassion. Danubaht and Namaste.

Whether I am ready or not, I’m going back home… whether I am ready or not, my sati is not sitting next to me, holding my hand.

--
Things come and go. Like thunder. Like friends. Doctors come and go too…that’s life, but during the time there, I made some tear-jerking friends, and the locals met some compassionate and wise doctors and received some great care.


Was this trip to Nepal worthwhile? Did I make a difference? Did I make a positive difference?  I serviced others well. I believe my colleagues did so too. Did I service myself well? I believe so too.

Service to community? --community back home – well that one is to be continued…

Jack welcomed me home!

No comments:

Post a Comment