Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

bye bye China, li ho Taipei


Li ho (ni hao)! Day 1 of 23 in Taipei. Just when I thought I could finally get a chance to relax and rejuvenate, I was bombarded with two adorable but frenzied nephews of 2 and 4 years.

Upon arriving the 4 yr old attempted to teach me Chinese via his fav book, Encyclopedia of dogs. After 15 some dogs, " Aunt, which ones do you remember?" "None of them...." little guy is testing me! We are def related. Is this what its like to be tested Chinese? Sorry TCM peeps.

Haha, but  the next day we went to zoo and he's like " Aunt, climb the stairs with me!" "Yes!" Only a few people ever climb stairs with me when there's an adjacent escalator
.

48 hrs later the two rascals still have yin xu and ample yang and my qi xu cannot compete...so I escape on a walk while they nap. I lived here for 3 months 3 years prior so I jogged my spacial memory of the local neighborhood.  I remember experiencing culture shock 3 yrs ago, but after being in all or nothing China, this place seems almost peaceful. Someone said "excuse me" as opposed to physically moving and pushing me, (some) cars yield on left turns to peds, no split pants babies (yet), and more to come I am sure.

Plans:  study with Shang Han Lun doc starting tomorrow, tea tastings, celebrate Grandpa's 94, eat less oily Taiwanese xiao chi (small eats), and...practice Chinese of course :)

Pics to come

No comments:

Post a Comment