Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

LeShan/Big Buddha

Left at 930am for the Big buddha which was a nice change, allowed to sleep in a bit. Chanel, Marley, Hanna, and I decided to taxi/bus it there to make it cheaper. It turned out to be very do-able – the bus station even had some english signage. 

Dr. Ma is too cute. She was worried about us taking the bus, but once she found out I was going, she calmed down a bit. She also strongly suggested I put on real shoes to climb in. I assured her there wouldn't be much of a climb, but I put on real shoes anyway. Ultimately, I was very thankful as it started raining later on. 

Since it was raining, there were relatively less people, no lines for anything. The highlight of that trip, was not so much the big Buddha himself, but more so the kind-of-secret deserted pathways, caves, and “little” buddhas to meditate with. The temple was great too, peaceful with monks drumming and chanting away. It reminded me to continue with my mantras –something I've failed to do since this trip ---and possibly  the reason I've been floating through life lately –that and the dampdamp (If you think Seattle  is damp, come to Chengdu. No wonder everyone has vertigo. How can yang possibly rise through this)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment