Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lijiang and horseback riding?!

I feel the pushing culture started to agitate me at the train station from Kunming to Lijiang. I couln't understand why everyone was so eager to get on the train when we all have assigned seats. Kristina told me I needed to channel my inner Chinese and push more. She is always waiting for me, 5-10 people in front of me. Wood.

Train situation was a bit shocking, growing up where privacy is a right and expectation. I knew there would be bunks, just thought we would at least get little curtains for a little privacy.

Arrived around 6am. It was raining, dark.....and we had no idea where to go. oops. Scratched the Tiger Leaping Gorge plans due to rain. So we asked the taxi coordinator to take us to a hotel in the city. All worked out and we found a place to stay for a night. Later in the day, after wandering around the local area, we asked the front desk "what fun things can we do around here?" Again this is all in Chinese. They spoke NO english. After filtering out a lot of untranslatable surplus vernacular, I turned to Kristina, "umm you wanna ride horse and boats, and see things?" So that is what we did and beyond satisfied with our decision.

 



1 comment: