Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Annoyed or Grateful?


February 15, 2015
Annoyed or Grateful?

“I have gastric pain”
“Okay, can you show me where?”
Patient points to her head.

The day starts and I’m a bit on edge; dialogues like this add up, and I’m beginning to get annoyed.

“My knees hurt”
“Ok, how long has it been?” go to start palpate knees
“and I have back pain!”
“Ok, wait, your knees…
“And when I bend over, and do this and that and this and that, its pain here, and here.” Patient flailing their limbs around, eliciting all sorts of pains

Trying to take needle an acupuncture needle near the elbow. “Just relax your arm.” Patient lifts their elbow towards me. “No, just relax.” Patient keeps lifting arm towards me. Patient locks their elbows “Relax!!” ….”duksha (pain)!”

Can’t remember how to say “see you tomorrow.” So….“Oodera jonkey” The first line of a chorus to a local folk song - I say to a patient as he gets up to leave.
“da-nama bangjiang”
“Resam pre ri ri”

It’s the first time I see him smile.

Some light to the day! The smallest things in life – really

I recall these scenes with my colleagues. We all laugh.

Annoyed? Or grateful?





1 comment:

  1. Yeah I know that gastric pain is very terrible sometimes. My grandfather had continuous gastric pains. But his problem got solved by acupuncture therapy. The acupuncturist Mississauga suggested getting this therapy and truly it helped a lot. I think everyone should try this out!!

    ReplyDelete