Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Demons?

February 1, 2015
Demons

Man, I thought I had a good immune system, and strong GI - I’m thinking, yeah, I’ve been to other parts of Asia and have always been fine - but Nepal…sure is a different story

Demons. That’s right, no going out past dusk, otherwise they will get you…
Bex and I keep catching our demons at the same time – I think it’s when we go out to check on one of our patients, Lal, after dinner --

All the pictures I’ve taken have been of the mountains and greenery, but there is always a yang to the yin – and that is the intense unsanitary way of life here –the garbage, the burning of garbage, including plastic that permeates through the window cracks of my bedroom and wakes me every morning, and what else? The many medical conditions that could be remedied with some more frequent bathing, soap, water, and sunlight, like wounds, staph infections, UTIs. No judgment. Just saying. I guess that is why we are here – to educate and sustain good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment